Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Yellow Book Of Skills To Get Traction


I have not finished this book since I received it a week ago. I find myself stopping and looking sites up on the net mentioned in the book. It's packed full of all the things a startup needs to do to be successful. They say it goes hand in hand with the book The Lean Startup by Eric Ries. I have not read The Lean Startup but I just received that in the mail today. 

I've read a million post from well known bloggers in the startup world. I've bought books, studied and yet, I never came across all this great info in one small yellow book! AMAZING! My body is almost trembling with desire to put these skills to use on my new startup Passdown. It's the most perfect timing for this book to come out just before I launch. 

So this is going to be my yellow book experiment. If I use this book as my plan to make Passdown successful, will it work? Only time will answer that question. One year from now I must write a post and tell you, how the traction channels I chose to use from this book worked for Passdown. Or didn't work. Heck there are nineteen traction channels, the only reason they couldn't or wouldn't work is, if Passdown was a down right bad idea. Even still people can sell some of the what I think are the dumbest products on earth and make millions. I always wonder how they do it. Well, they figured out how to get traction. 

This book even says that 90% of the reasons a startup fails is because they don't know how to get Traction. There certainly is an art to doing it. 

So here I go on my one year experiment using the yellow Traction book!

Update:August 2016- I never finished my experiment. I ended up shutting down Passdown. I am using this book now on the startup Kazamster and it's really been useful to the max. It's like a blueprint for how to grow your startup. I see that Justin and Gabriel have a new version out. 
Can't wait to read it and see what's changed. If you are a startup builder this is a must have book. Hopefully I will get to use the entire 19 channels on Kazamster!

No comments:

Post a Comment