Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Funny Dream About Gary Vaynerchuk

There I was in line with mine. Mine was just like everyone else's, except mine was just right for me.

I'm waiting in line and Gary Vaynerchuk is one of the many cashiers. It's a massive warehouse, bigger than Costco and Walmart put together. In fact, it's so big that there is a viewing booth, sort of like one of those in a football stadium, and sometimes in my dream Gary is in the booth watching all the thousands of cashier stands, other times, he is the cashier.

While I'm waiting my turn to buy what's exactly right for me. I see Gary Vaynerchuk telling the lady "No, that's not the one" then if by some kind of dream magic, the one in her hand disappears, and she reaches behind her back and, whamo another one appears in her hand, and she shows it to him and again Gary Vaynerchuk says "No, that's not the one".

The showing goes on for about 35 attempts until finally Gary Vaynerchuk shakes his head and says "That's the one" The woman is ecstatic and she makes her purchase. 

Now this is what each and every customer is doing at all the checkstands. Every single customer is showing the cashier the product and the cashier says "No, that's not the one." The product will magically disappear when the customer looks at it with a disappointed face. Then the customer reaches behind their back and magically another product appears. No matter what, no customer gets it right. They all have to go through at least 35 attempts, or many more, before the cashier or Gary Vaynerchuk says "That's the one". And no one leaves the store without buying "The one".

I'm standing in line thinking "what's my strategy?" "How can I get the right one on less attempts?" I'm agonizing over it. I don't want to go through 35 or more attempts, I want to get the "right one" on the first few attempts. I want "the one" so bad that I want it sooner than everyone else gets it. I won't leave the store until I get it.

Then, like all dreams you wake up. As you lay there and assimilate what just happened in my brain, the questions always follow "What the hell kind of dream was that?" "why did I dream it?" Then I started laughing because what everyone was buying was framed ugly office art! I'm not kidding. I guess the moral of the dream is, if anyone can sell ugly office art, it's Gary Vaynerchuk!

Dear Readers of Long Shot Start Up Girl. This is my 75th post, and in honor of that, I would like to offer this beauty.


Now if this is an historical piece, or a famous artist created this, I'm so sorry, I do not mean to offend you. To me, it's ugly office art. I will ship this to the person who writes the funniest comment on this blog post. You must live in the United States as this is a big piece at 37"x 27" and it's a bit heavy. I can't afford overseas shipping. ; - ) Just remember "It's The One" *Note: NE is not part of the original and does not come with it.

*Article Update: There is more in this dream. I am hoping people will insert those ideas. Oh yeah, Gary can sell ugly framed office art if he had to. But what about you? What about, what Gary is teaching you? Lemonade, baseball cards, liquor? Does it matter the item? No.What matters is the art of doing it. In the dream, people don't buy the product until the cashier says it's "the one" then they buy it without hesitation. They desire it so much. Think about that. Think about the "dream game theory."

No matter what you want to sell, from what may seem ridicules, like ugly office art. People will buy it if you, give them the okay. 

This dream was a real sleeping time dream, but it makes sense. No one walks out of the store without the cashiers approval of the ugly office art. What do you think that means?  

You can sell anything, perhaps.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment