Friday, July 29, 2016

Nothing Better Than Working On A Startup That Has Something To Do With Music : - )



Here I am helping to build a fresh new startup, and feeling so grateful to Tom Wilson and Sean Weas for choosing me to help them build Kazamster. 

It's this beautiful software startup that lets you bring your playlist with you to any streaming service of your choice.
Okay it's in Beta, so it only has the option to convert Spotify to Google Play Music right now. But hey, 500 users have logged in since the launch just four months ago. It's pretty clear to me that Tom and Sean have built something people want. 

Playlist are so very personal to us users. We build them with mounds of passion, creativity, and love. Of course the streaming service's would like you to stay with them forever, but like any free enterprise system us users have choices. Maybe we want to switch over to another service for whatever reason. It's not like we're saying we don't like the one we're in,we just want to swim in the music waters of another streaming service, and we want to bring our playlist with us. 

I can't say what the streaming services are thinking, but surely they don't want to let users take their playlist with them, it's one of the main things that keeps users locked into their service. I don't blame them one bit, it's business. Keeping customers is doing good business. Yet, disruption was bound to happen. 

For me, besides all the cool things I'm learning and doing to help Kazamster, I'm listening to a ton of music! This is so good for me, as sometimes, as an adult, I get caught up into all work, and forget how to have fun. 

From what I've been reading I can say the Playlist is going to have a giant impact on all of our futures. It's going to turn into something amazing, and you and I are apart of that. In fact you've been creating it. You've been helping to shape it. 

Update: As of 10/18/16 This startup is running itself. It's still up, but Tom and Sean have joined a marijuana startup called GrowFlow, which looks intensely exciting to me. I don't know what to do. I can't run Kazamster by myself. I looked into buying it, but still that would leave me alone searching for a developer. I'm working on learning code and Salesforce. Two things I can do for free and on my own time. 

Keep building your startups ~ 





  


No comments:

Post a Comment